Friday, July 17, 2009

My Tea tree and Oatmeal soap adventure


I've created a new soap. It was inspired by a friend who was wondering about Tea tree soap. It's not for sale but I've been using it. I'm pretty impressed with the scent since I can't stand the scent of tea tree oil. I added rosemary, cedarwood and lemon essential oils to it and it actually smells good! For tea tree soap anyway. I also put in lots of oatmeal and it is a really nice bar of soap. Maybe I'll add it to my line someday. One thing I learned making it, adding lye to witch hazel produces A LOT of heat very quickly! I think I was supposed to use chilled witch hazel. I'm learning to hold my breath for long periods of time. lol.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Country clothline scent is awesome. I would like to get that in a room spray if offered...

    ReplyDelete